Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

Impuls ic

Hi everyone. I apologize for writing in English, But my German is "Ein venig und sehr sclecht". Does enybody knows something about Impuls IC hangglider. It is made by Impuls Flugdrachen Gemany (www.impuls-flug.com). I got the technical data from the site as well as DHV rating (2) of it. It is a current model still in production. Enybody here flies it? Have any experience to share?

Impuls Drachen

Hi Aleks,

I fly the single sail little brother (Impuls 17) of the IC and I´m very pleased to.

Impuls GmbH at Putzbrunn near Munich is very easy to reach and still an active enterprise,
    with good service in check and repair.
    I have not flown the IC yet, but
    if You want to fly a double sail wing without VG, I´m sure this will be good choice.

Take care, stay high, W.

Kommentar

AW: Impuls ic

Hello Aleks,

I have flown the Impuls IC for more than 2 years in the past.

The construction and build of the whole glider is the best I have ever seen. Manfred who the IC is realy a "freak". Every detail is 100% perfect. A little bit German ;-)

Take-off and landing is marvelous. Due to the large wing area the IC is very very easy to start even under very difficult conditions. Landing is very smooth and easy. I realy enjoyed the "slow" take-offs and the save feeling I always had with the IC.
      Based on the wing, the IC can also been flown by pilots with heavy weight. I saw pilots with 110-120 kg flying easily with the IC.

Another advantage of the large wing was the excellent performance in weak conditions. With only a little bit lift you are allways on top.

But the IC has also a drawback and thats the reason why I changed to another glider. The handling in turbulences or rough conditions is not so easy compared to actual gliders. I always needed a lot of power to turn the IC around. But I have to explain that I am not very heavy (75 kg) and my power is very limited.
      This was also the reason why I stayed some extra feet away from slopes.

Also speeding is limited with the IC. It has a lot of pitch and no VG. I have heard that there is a version available with less pitch which was made and passed the tests in Swizerland. It is still 150% save but a little bit easier to accelerate.

Overall the IC is a great glider for fun-flying. And the best is, that there ýou can buy used ones in very good conditions due to the excellent manufacturing of Impuls.

I hope this information helps you a little bit to make your decision.

See you in the sky
      Harry

Kommentar

Lädt...
      X