Einklappen
X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

Gleitschirmreparatur in Kuba

Ich wollte Euch die Bilder von einer gelungenen Reparatur eines Gin Boomerang 5 (mein Dank an Uli Schmeck) nicht vorenthalten:

http://fcvl.de für mehr Bilder

Klicke auf die Grafik für eine vergrößerte Ansicht

Name: DSC08390.jpg
Ansichten: 1
Größe: 18,2 KB
ID: 828987

Dank der Spende konnte Gerardo einen der vorderen Plätze bei der Meisterschaft Anfang April 2012 in Santiago de Cuba belegen.

Im März 2011 hatte Gerardo schon einem deutschen Piloten mit der Reparatur eines anderen Gleitschirms helfen können:

Ich denke wenn wir etwas Tuch und Leinen für Näharbeiten zur Verfügung stellen könnten, ist es in Zukunft auch möglich unter anderem Euere zu Bruch gegangen Hochleister als Spende nach Kuba zu geben. Bisher ist die Reparatur bei einem SOL Torck und dem GIN Boom 5 von Erfolg gekrönt gewesen. Natürlich fehlen nach wie vor bei den Meisterschaften Geräte zum Tracken und es muß noch mit Foto dokumentiert werden.
    Bei Interesse Spendenmaterial abzugeben bitte PM oder Anruf / SMS (0163 eins 66 dreidrei 61) an mich.

AW: Gleitschirmreparatur in Kuba

Ich freue mich sehr, dass mein heißgeliebter Boom5 wieder fliegt :-)). Schon Wahnsinn, wie geschickt die Leute aus nem Totalschaden wieder was gemacht haben. Also, wer Tuch, Nadel, Faden und Wettbewerbszubehör übrig hat, hier ist es sichtbar gut angelegt.

Aufforderung und Respekt zugleich, Uli
    Zuletzt geändert von Gast; 18.04.2012, 19:57.

Kommentar

Bericht von "El Chino" dem Piloten der die Reparatur durchgeführt hat

Wie es scheint fehlt Gerardo noch Tuch um die Reparatur fortzuführen und zu perfektionieren:

Quelle: FCVL
      To repair this paraglider. This job was not like any other, I could not make sewings in some places that I would like to, but I did it well with the ripstop. Later I would like to make a better job but I need new fabric, I don't want to fix it with old material from discarded wings, I could buy a good sewing thread in the shop here.

I started the repairing and picked up the glider at Ernesto's house. At that very moment I started to repair it. I began everyday at 05h00 until 07h00, then to work and in the afternoon back to the boom untill very late in the evening. A lot of them thought that I was crazy trying to repair this wing and fly it again, but I knew I could do it and never gave up. I used more than 6 metres of self-adhesive rip-stop, and I have to thanks all the pilots that helped me with part of their little repairing material. I also did some sewing on the leading edge where some cells were broken and I had to replace some reinforcement straps. When I finished and could inflate the glider I saw my dream come true, just changing the broken lines and the boom 5 would be ready for the test-flight. I organized all the lines riser by riser and in less than 3 hours it was done! Of course, with the help of other pilots from the club, they are very fast changing lines. It was a race against time, because I wanted to fly the boom 5 at the National Championships. I finished just 1 day before and took the time to fly it, it was a small flight but enough.

When I arrived, a lot of pilots thought that I would not fly the boom 5, it was a show when I unpacked it, everyone looking at the repairings to evaluate my job and they were impressed by it. The profile was unchanged, it was like new.

In the first task I was placed on the 26th place, when I saw the results my eyes got wet, I did all the task but my pictures were not on the vertical as the rules said. In that moment I thought to quit the comp and enjoy the rest of the time doing acro with the F-18. But I looked again at the times on the results and mine was among the first, of course it does not matter when the pictures are not ok but it encouraged me to continue in the comp.

In the second task I could climb to the 10th place without making 1 turnpoint because I took off too late and the wind was strong. It was fine, in the General I was 12, it was like an injection for me I knew I could do it better.

The third task had the goal on the Plaza, flying with face wind. It was a very hard task for this kind of day. There were only 2 pilots in goal and 2 in the turnpoint before goal, I was in the second group holding the 2nd position for the day. I felt lucky, 6th in the General.

The 4th task was cancelled due to bad weather condition, even when there were 4 pilots, from the firs group to take off in goal. But later it was strong and in one moment the gust reached 42 km/h. The turnpoints were threatened by the storms and it was about to rain. The best of this day is that all the pilots were safe.
      The 5th task was also cancelled, in this case because only less than the 25% of the pilots took off. This day I was the first in goal with a good time, the second pilot was 30 min behind. This is a really good wing!

The last task favored the pilots from Granma, used to fly with poor conditions, and good thermal finders. The weather changed and it was a soft breeze, the pilots had to take off and fly away directly to the climb and turn without mistakes or bomb out to the ground. In this time I could put all my strenght and finished the first with a wide margin from the 2nd. I was really happy I could climb to the 4th position on the General. I never thought this could be possible but, there is a saying "those in the head are not going to far if those on the back are good runners"(no van lejos los de alante si los de atras corren bien)

Thanks to the pilot who donated this paraglider, probably thinking of it as material for windsocks. But once in my hands I could make my dreams true, flying a boom in a comp.
      my regards and a warm hug from Cuba

El Chino

Kommentar

Lädt...
      X