AW: 350km durchschnittlich 58.61 km/h

Zitat Uli:
    So, das Post ist mal wieder lang genug geworden, dass
    eh keiner mehr unten ankommt beim lesen,
    da kann ich mir das
    "Happy Landings!"
    fast sparen ;-)
    Eh Uli,
    Deine Beiträge les´ ich gerne bis zum Schluß!

Happy Landings,

Bertram

Kommentar

AW: 350km durchschnittlich 58.61 km/h

Diesen Artikel (von kurz nach dem Unfall) hab ich auch noch gefunden:

Er zeigt, dass sich Martin nicht so schnell unterkriegen lässt...

Glider pilot upbeat despite breaking back in landing
      December 13, 2005

By Aziz Hartley

South African paragliding record holder Martin Bacsak remained upbeat despite suffering
      a broken vertebra following a 20m plunge at the end of his record-breaking flight on Sunday.
      Before he was rescued, Cape Town-based Bacsak had spent hours lying in an open
      field near the Lesotho border, waiting for help.
      He participated at the weekend in the De Aar Ladies Paragliding Challenge, an event
      which, despite its name, includes male participants.

"How long I will be in hospital will depend on the doctors. If they decide to operate,
      it could be long. If not then I might be here for a week. But I'll definitely return to paragliding.
      I am still excited about breaking the record. I've tried for two years to do it," he said yesterday.

Speaking from his hospital bed in the Bloemfontein Medi-Clinic, Bacsak said flying conditions
      were perfect for his record-breaking attempt. He said the cloud base was about 6km above
      sea level and this meant paragliders could fly higher and catch thermals that would
      help them get more distance. But things changed after he broke the record.
      "After 350km I entered a mountain area near the Lesotho border. Then the wind became very
      strong and blew me behind the mountains. I could not glide any more. I was about
      20 metres from the ground when my glider collapsed and I plunged," he said.

Bacsak used his satellite phone to alert a friend about where to find him and then waited
      for help to arrive. "It took three hours for them to find me and three more for the ambulance
      to reach us. It is not the first time I've been injured and I knew my back was broken.
      I just stayed calm," Bacsak said.

Kommentar

Lädt...
      X