X

• Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

AW: Gin Carrera

Zitat von tkrevh Beitrag anzeigen

Schirm hat viel Energie und muss sehr aktiv geflogen werden. Feedback ist aber sehr gut und aktives Fliegen ist damit problemlos.

Ich würde den Schirm trotzdem nicht für das erste B Schirm- Fliegen empfehlen - man sollte den Carrera durch seine B-Klassifizierung absolut nicht unterschätzen. Der Pilotenanspruch ist hoch und man muss schnell reagieren um den Schirm offen zu halten.
    Nach einem Test mit dem XS bei 85 kg ist das auch meine Meinung. Die Steuerwege empfand ich ziemlich lang, das schnelle reagieren dadurch anstrengend. Vielleicht sollte man die Bremsen grundsätzlich oberhalb der Kugeln greifen, sind dann aber gleich mal 5 cm verkürzt. Wenn man von C- auf B wechseln will ist er, denk ich, sehr gut. Schlecht bzw. unbeherschbar beim Wechsel von A auf B. Eigentlich empfand ich meine bisherigen C-Schirme nicht so anspruchsvoll, aber das täuscht evtl. Bei einer Störung sollten die ja anspruchsvoller reagieren. Der Carrera war beim Test nach Störungen beherrschbar, bzw. es hat mich nicht zerlegt. Evtl. eher ein Flachlandflügel mit großen Kreisen und viel Speed d.h. ganz enges Würgen um die Kurve geht nicht oder ich hab's mir wegen den langen Steuerwegen nur nicht getraut.

Kommentar

Im englischen Forum gibt es ein sehr interessantes und offensichtlich kompetent geschriebenes Review. Witzigerweise bemängelt der Autor, - der rundum begeistert ist vom Carrera und auch sehr genau beschreibt, für welche Pilotengruppe der Baby-Boom geeignet ist - dass die Stabiloleine nicht gesondert gekennzeichnet ist. Das war mir auch schon unangenehm aufgefallen und ich habe sie kurzerhand farblich markiert (einen dünnen roten, ca. 20 cm langen Schrumpfschlauch bis über den Loop gezogen) und gut ist.

Lest selbst:

(ZITAT 1:1)

Mini review of Gin Carrera.

For those that don't know me, I'm a ParaGuide operating around Europe, as well as organiser of several big comps. In flying my main wings of recent have included Boomerang X (and predecessors), high performance tandems, but also wings such as 777 Rook, Ufly, Nevada, Aspen series. I fly around 250 hours a season in mostly alpine or mountain environments. I do deal in Gin wings, amongst several other brands, and I do organise the Gin Wide Open, but I have tried to be objective in the below. I am not a Gin team pilot so I can speak my mind.

I have sold several Carrera's in recent weeks, but also bought one for myself. This last week I have been putting it through its paces and have now formed my own opinions of the wing.

Firstly, it says EN-B on the label. As several have already stated, this should be treated with caution. The wing may come out of problems as an EN-B should, but it gets into them as an EN-C does. Quickly. This wing needs to be handled in the air. Don't buy this wing if you are moving up from a low end EN-B. If moving up from a high EN-B, with the confidence a mid EN-C is in your ability, then the Carrera will be for you (with regular airtime caveats etc). This wing will hurt pilots looking for a true, mid EN-B. A pilot moving down from an EN-D will have a blast!

So, the details;
      On launch the wing comes up readily with no vices. The riser arrangement is a bit odd as the A risers (split) are linked to the B risers quite high requiring a slightly confusing grasp of the risers, but it comes up easily and square without any particular input. Once over head just a light brake pressure holds it steady with little tendency to overfly. The wing feels like a moderate aspect wing (which it is) in that it needs little management, but unlike a 'traditional' EN-B, it is easy to kill on the brakes.

Once in the air you can explore some more. The blue balls on the brakes are a joy and when used, combined with the dragon claw grip (half wrap), you can gain a positive feedback from the wing. The balls are a fantastic development. The brakes also attach to the risers with magnets, which again is preferable to poppers as they are easily stowed and retrieved in flight, their coming off in the bag being but a minor annoyance.

The wing has coloured microlines, but the lower few cm's has colouring to help identify each line. The layout overall has moved away from the more recent trend of minimal lines and has a more traditional layout of 3 across and 3 back (A, B, C riser and 3 lines per riser). The layout is actually slightly more complicated that that, but that is the basics. More on this later. In short, I like the layout as it reduces the cravat potential (smaller gaps) but clearly performance has not suffered.

The stabilo line is kind of identified by the fact it has a different colour couple of cm sheath at the bottom but as I learnt on one major collapse (cravat), it needs additional marking, which I shall do to mine. (Again see further down). This is a (minor) negative of the wing, which applies to many brands these days. Probably I will just wrap a small piece of ripstop patch around the lower stabilo to help identify it when the shit hits the fan (again).

The speed system has a two stage setup where the first 1/3rd has a 2:1 and the second stage has a 1:1, so twice the pressure and half the movement. This is as per many higher performance wings of recent and allows you to know when you have pushed 1/3rd bar. As the higher pressure is engaged, your legs have straightened and the muscles are more powerful so overcoming the extra load easily. The lower loads on the first stage allow you to use your legs easily for pitch control. If you don't know about this technique yet you probably aren't ready for a Carrera Laughing

Wing load; I fly the medium (85-105kg). The first (serious) flight I flew 120km in active, rough air with a wing loading around 93kg and a traditional harness with styrup (stupidly I lent someone my pod. It was freezing!). The second major flight I flew 95km at 102kg, initially in rough air, then in smooth air. The wings does feel much better when loaded and this is inkeeping with your expectation of a modern high aspect wing, ie that you should fly heavy. My feeling is it would like to be at, or around, the top of the weight range (100-105kg). That said, it was also surprisingly nice whilst at the lower end of the scale, but by choice, I will fly heavy. A few times the wing became unloaded with slack lines and I had several tips rolling in during flight. This always happened on trim. The wing is far more solid if flown with 10% speed bar applied, again consistent with higher performance wings. I endeavoured to fly in this mode when I could. In short, if the wing is allowed to pitch forward it becomes unloaded very quickly. Pitch control is mandatory for this wing. If on full bar you can relax a lot more, although I did have a major cravat as a result of full bar at one point on an earlier (50km) flight. In that instance I was full bar in stable (occasionally rough) air whilst hands off the brakes and tapping buttons on my Oudie3 (it is the time of year for new toys. The Oudie seems great). A 40% cravat resulted. Whilst cravatted the wing maintained straight flight. After confirming the rescue handle position I proceeded to locate the stabilo line. Because of the now bunched riser this was not easy so I was forced to release the brakes and maintain direction with weight shift alone. This was easy. Once I had sifted through the various lines two short, hard tugs on the stabilo released the cravat easily and the wing regained normal flight without further incident. My impression of the events was A/ just because it is a B and not my Boomerang, I should not relax so much. It is a C really. B/ That she behaves sweetly, even when she is not in such great shape. C/ that some pilots trying to buy an EB-B will get hurt or throw their rescue Wink

Next; When on bar, directional control and pitch control can easily be done by using the rear risers. Any sudden surges can easily be arrested by the rear risers, as can direction by easily influenced without messing with draggy brakes. The risers also lend themselves well to supporting the the weight of your arms in this mode. You need to reach quite high so drag is increased like this with the additional exposure of arm length, but it's only an EN-B so no worries. This is a style of flying of a high performance wing and allows you to warp the wing without inducing huge increases in drag using the brakes. For reference, you do not release the brakes to do this, just let them slack. You also do not allow your hands to become too tight in the risers in case of collapse. It needed saying in case you haven't used this technique before.

Collapses are easily recovered and the wing has no vices with this. The entire wing tends to come back together in one snap and without any particular input. This was true of traditional 10-50% collapses as well as failed loops, falling past the wing merrily. Must practice more! Fantastic!

When the tips roll down or become unloaded due to a pitch forward (so not a collapse, but a little negative on one side) then the wing is not so nice and it can cascade a little too, bouncing from one tip to the other. When it has occurred, if close to a rock face in particular, you are along for the ride. To stop it, don't let it happen in the first place. If you don't know how to fly active, go buy another wing! Flying loaded would help. Stopping pitching is the best way. A little bar helps too.

Big ears stick in and must be pumped out. The big ear line is separate from the inner A's so is easy to find and use. A couple of deep pumps pop them out easily, one side at a time. I didn't explore B3/C3 technique, but for sure that would be better. I'll try next time.

Trim speed didn't seem either fast nor slow. It sailed along quite happily alongside others. But given that I prefer to fly with 10% bar applied, I did overtake other pilots on 'my' trim speed. Full bar was very quick for an EN-B and I easily pulled away from other wings. The most impressive feature of the Carrera though is the very flat polar. On full bar it is a speed bar, not a sink bar. The polar is flat across the full range of speed bar use allowing my to race pulley to pulley between thermals without having to study my glide. Who needs a Boomerang (well, unless you want to win the comp, not just your class, of course!).

What else.... Ah yes, this wing stores energy great. It does a very, very sweet SAT. Better than I expected considering the aspect. It also loops and death spirals very nicely. *grin* Brilliant fun throwing her around. Best done loaded as that is not what she is for.

I found I had a little trouble pulling full speed bar. Others have reported she has short speed bar travel but I was only able to get 95% when paired with my Gin Genie Race2 harness. I added a knot to the speed chord on the risers just at the point of the knot for the ball and I also double looped it at the brummel hook. I can load pictures if anybody wants to understand this. Doing this will give no speed advantage, but will shorten the chord if you struggle with your harness setup. There seems to be 1-2cm of excess on the risers.

The build quality of this wing is typical Gin. Excellent. I cannot fault it and, as always, Gin have made improvements to their quality year on year. The risers are a piece of art, but also the attention to tape gathers at the trailing edge to keep a tight sail on brakes is great and the new type of lines work brilliantly. The sail looks very clean with minimal creasing.

Ah yes, I did miss mentioning the brake pullies. There aren't any. They have instead used a plastic ring. Why didn't they invent that years ago! No more squeaky pullies and the friction is probably reduced too despite no wheel!

I would also comment that the new V3 concertina bags from Gin (not included) are excellent. I thought the V2 was good, but Gin have excelled themselves with the V3, correction problems I didn't know existed.

Also, the new rucksack is brilliant too. Again, I thought the predecessor was the best and couldn't be improved, but they did improve it, and made it lighter and pack smaller too!

All in all, I am very happy with my Carrera. It feels very reminiscent of my Boomerang X, but is clearly a lot safer. All it is obviously missing is the top speed of a Boomerang, but for leisure XC this wing is perfect and I'll not miss the Bx when I just want some stress free km crunching. I will be flying this wing for most of this season I think as it really offers me everything I need without intimidating my clients that I am buzzing around an a hot EN-D. I do not feel for a moment it will hold me back and I will be the pilot having the most fun!

So, as I have said. Don't buy this if you want a traditional EN-B but if you are ready for it, just watch this wing clean up in the Sports class in comps and leagues across the world this year!!! My gut feel is, just like the BabyBoom (Boomerang Sport) did several years back, that the Carrera will become a best seller and is definitely the new BabyBoom for 2014!

If I think of anything else, I'll post it later. Play safe boys.

A few tracklogs from this week here if interested, whilst guiding a group though Slovenia on the Carrera;
      95km
      120km

Regards
      Brett

Kommentar

Hallo zusammen,

aufgrund eigener Beobachtungen und Berichten verschiederer sehr guter Piloten mit 150+ Stunden jährlich aus meinem fliegerischen Umfeld, würde ich keinem Hobbypiloten oder Hausbergflieger ohne sehr viel Erfahrung diesen Schirm empfehlen. Es gab innerhalb der letzten 4 Wochen in mässigen Verhältnissen (keine 10m/s Alpenleethermik) ein paar deftige Abmontierer verschiedener Piloten und einen inklusive eingetwisteten Sprung in die Leinen mit Retterabgang (Gott sei Dank ohne gesundheitliche Folgen).
        Auch aufgrund eigener Beobachtungen kann ich sagen, dass dieses Gerät überdurchschnittlich dynamische Reaktionen zeigt und mit einem B Gütesiegel rein gar nichts zu tun hat.

Bin selber ein langjähriger, treuer und begeisterter Ginpilot. Kein 'Novajünger' o. ä.

Luftige Grüsse

Kommentar

Gin Carrera

Na dass sind ja mal Nachrichten.....ist doch ein Schirm für Weekend Piloten....zszs....
          Mal sehen wie schnell nun der gebrauchtmarkt mit Carrera überflutet wird ...upps
          Ps. Für mich nix neues, jeder halbvernünftige Flieger hat sich das denken können....
          Zuletzt geändert von "Willio"; 16.04.2014, 10:41.

Kommentar

Jürgen jetzt hats wieder Futter für dich

Aber ich kann die Aussage bestätigen! Weiteres nur über P/N.

Kommentar

Zitat von Benitro Beitrag anzeigen
              Jürgen jetzt hats wieder Futter für dich

Aber ich kann die Aussage bestätigen! Weiteres nur über P/N.
              Hallo Beni😊....ist mir Wurscht ob da nun einige Leute abmontieren...,aber vorher immer große Klappe wie geil der Schirm ist und nun die Hosen voll!

Kommentar

Zitat von Jürgen Wilhelm Beitrag anzeigen
                Hallo Beni😊....ist mir Wurscht ob da nun einige Leute abmontieren...,aber vorher immer große Klappe wie geil der Schirm ist und nun die Hosen voll!
                Wie gesagt, wieder Futter für dich!
                Schirm ist geil! Aber nicht für jeden ;-)

Kommentar

Hallo nochmal,

hinzufügen möchte ich noch, dass ich mit meiner Aussage niemanden schädigen will. Erfahrungsgemäß ist auch dem Hersteller nicht geholfen, wenn sich ernsthafte Zwischenfälle ereignen, weil dieses Gerät ruckizucki unverkäuflich wird.

Ich möchte lediglich damit erreichen, dass sich potentielle Käufer sehr genau überlegen sollten, ob dieses Gerät wirklich für sie geeignet ist und ihnen somit eventuelle unschöne Erfahrungen zu ersparen. Denn schlechte Erfahrungen bleiben lange im Kopf hängen und verderben für geraume Zeit die Freude am Fliegen.

Viele Grüsse

Kommentar

Wie bei jedem Schirm ist doch klar und auch zu erwarten, dass irgendwer irgendwann negative Erfahrungen mit dem Carrera macht. Davon sind Mentor, Summit, Mistral oder Nevada auch nicht gefeit. Und zig andere auch nicht.

Pech, wenn es in kurzer Zeit mehrere Leute "erwischt" und dann erst der Einzelfall, dann das Gerücht und schließlich die "bewiesene Tatsache" in Umlauf gerät, der Schirm sei ein Schweineteil. Typisches Beispiel dafür: der Mistral 6. Der ist auch "tot" oder "unverkäuflich", weil einige damit überfordert waren und die Spirale nicht auszuleiten wussten. Die, die das Teil beherrschten, werden im Gegenteil bis heute von ihm schwärmen.

So etwas kann dem Carrera auch passieren. Oder dem X oder Y oder Z. Das hat auch viel mit Psychologie zu tun. "Wo Rauch ist, ist schließlich auch Feuer." "Wenn alle drüber reden, muss doch was dran sein!" Irgendwer muss aber damit angefangen haben.

Mir scheint aber auch, dass es einige gar nicht abwarten können, bis endlich was passiert. Hat irgendwie was mit Gaffertum und Sensationsgier zu tun. "Wusst' ich's doch, wusst' ich's doch!"

Solche Typen sollte man fein unterscheiden können von denen, die sachlich berichten und ihre fundierte Meinung abgeben.

Die weiter oben herbeigeredete (und im gleichen Atemzug wieder beschwichtigte) potenzielle "ruckizucki" Unverkäuflichkeit und die "ernsten Zwischenfälle" sind ein sehr subtiles Mittel, ein Produkt schleichend zu diffamieren. Auch wenn man durchaus die gute Absicht in den Vordergrund stellt. Es hätte doch vollkommen genügt, von den den eigenen Erlebnissen und denen anderer zu erzählen. So bekommt es in meinen Augen einen mehr als faden faden Beigeschmack. Zumindest aber ist die Wortwahl ungeschickt gewesen.

Ich vertraue in die Aussagen von Gin zur Piloteneignung, bedingt in das EN-B-Siegel und in die Aussagen derer, die tatsächlich fliegen und beurteilen können. Ach ja, und in meine eigenen Beobachtungen. Aktiv geflogen und im Bewusstsein, einen Hochleister (völlig wurscht, ob EN-B, -C- oder -D) zu pilotieren, ist der Carrera ein toller Flügel. Unter diesen Voraussetzungen muss niemand "abmontieren".
                    Zuletzt geändert von Stabilo; 16.04.2014, 19:43.

Kommentar

Hallo
                      Letztens hab ich endlich mal einen Carrera zu Gesicht bekommen.Sieht wirklich! echt gut aus.Kann nur bestätigen was Piloten im Dhv xc geschrieben haben,sieht sehr gestreckt aus.
                      Nettes Teil

Gruss Mayer

Kommentar

Zitat von reinhard may Beitrag anzeigen
                        Hallo
                        Letztens hab ich endlich mal einen Carrera zu Gesicht bekommen.Sieht wirklich! echt gut aus.Kann nur bestätigen was Piloten im Dhv xc geschrieben haben,sieht sehr gestreckt aus.
                        Nettes Teil

Gruss Mayer
                        Was schreiben die Piloten im DHV XC?

Kommentar

Kommentar

Danke und der Satz gefällt mir

Übrigens für mich der erste "B" :-) Schirm wo Du beim Raufschauen nicht meinst Ein Quadrat :-)) über Dir zu haben.

Kommentar

Eigentlich wollte ich bei meinem neuen Schirm in der C-Klasse bleiben, hab mich aber dann doch für den Carrera XS entschieden. Warum?
                              Er fliegt wie ein guter -C- und ist gutmütig wie ein -B-!
                              Z.B. bremsen, bremsen, bremsen und er reißt einfach nicht ab. Ein C wäre da schon längst weg. Die langen Bremswege können aber auch lästig sein. Frontklapper sind gleich wieder offen und symmetrisch, also keine Rosette oder andere "Sauer...."usw. Größere Seitenklapper brauchen im Geradeausflug ein wenig länger aber er fliegt auch noch wenn man die offene Seite versehentlich zu stark anbremst.
                              Interessant ist die Sharknose. Bei ruppigen Bedingungen fühlt man sich voll beschleunigt - sicherer-, stabiler. (Das könnte evtl. mal ein Problem werden.)
                              Steilspirale super und einfach, sauber beim Ausleiten. Ohren anlegen, echt mies, aber, na ja, es geht, im Notfall, doch bei welchem neuen Schirm kann und soll man heutzutage noch Ohren anlegen? Fahrt aufnehmen und in Höhe umsetzen bzw. umgekehrt echt toll.

Bis jetzt zeigt der Schirm bei Störungen wirklich keine "Schweinereien". Mit dem Carrera fühl ich mich deutlich sicherer als mit dem Sigma 8 und der ist bzw.war auch ein schöner Schirm.

Kommentar

Ja was nun,
                                wenn von Einzelnen hier der Carrera in höchsten Massen gelobt wird aber bisher ein fundierter und verlässlicher Bericht ausgeblieben ist, ja es war nun hier im Forum einige Zeit sehr still um den Carrera geworden und das trotz Flugwetter.
                                Daraus könnte man fast entnehmen dass einige "Prahlhälse" den Kauf bereuen ? odrr ?
                                Was ich aber immer noch nicht verstehe und wo da ein Zusammenhang besteht - wie können Hersteller und Verkäufer einen angeblichen "Leistungsschirm" mit solchen Worten anpreisen :"Aufgrund seiner sehr fortschrittlichen Technik spricht der Carrera einen weiten Kreis von Piloten an. Erfahrene Thermik- und Streckenflieger aber auch Wochenend-Piloten"
                                Da sträubt sich mir im Innersten der Glaube an die Warheit !
                                CU pedro

Kommentar

Lädt...
                                X